Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Graflex original problem - including pics

Default Graflex original problem - including pics

Ok, here is my dilema i have tried to explain before without pics..
    so, this is the head piece to my graflex...you can see the bottom is closed and has a hole/threaded...

I want to know if the graflex conversion from tcss sits on top of this or do i have to cut out the bottom. Please have a look and advise, thank you.

Thanks again,

-dave (aka Deebo)

I think you're right, now that I see the thing! I think all the conversion kits out there are for the longer body tube Graflex's. That's not to say it can't be done, but it will take some work.
    EDIT:
    What does the rest of it look like?

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

yeaaa finally someone sees what im saying lol...hard to describe.
    so ya ill probably have to cut out the bottom and then how the "bleep" do i attach that to the base....
    I already had to lathe a piece of nylon and thread it so it screwed into the head...but that wont work when i cut off the thread and i need a hollow tube so i can add all the electronics

I've never done one of these, so I'm just guessing here....if the fit of the led adapter in the store is as good a fit as the rest of his parts are with a sink tube (meaning if the adapter has as close a fit in a Graflex), you may be able to secure it to the adapter with a couple of small screws, similar to attaching an overlay.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

yesss good call, if the converson kit is long enough, i could secure both the head and the "tail" of the graflex to the conversion kit, if its secure enough

It probably is, Tim is really good with his fits on the MHS stuff, so it is probably no different with the Graflex adapter.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

I am not sure it will be the correct diameter. I have never seen a piece like this before. It sure doesnt look like a real graflex section.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

tight, well i thought it was a real piece.
    it has the engravings (i am an engraver and the engravings are stamped, mass production so your average scammer cant do stampings for cheap)...i took it all apart but of course it had the bulb release spring thingy and all the proper parts on the inside the bulb holder/pegs etc...so i think its real...just wierd.

its diameter should be ok basing from tcss diameter of the conversion unit...well see

That is an extension graflex flash head that mounts on a stand with a bolt through the bottom. The kit will fit but the bottom will more than likely have to be cut out, but the overall diameter is the same as a full graflex flash unit.
    ;

Do-Clo Custom Sabers
    http://doclocustomsabers.com/
    Replica Prop Artist

You could get a section of stainless steel tubing from someplace like online metals to make up the difference in length so you could have a decent replica saber.

0.049" wall ought to do it.