Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You were the chosen one... (ANH/ROTS replica graflex)

So I successfully drilled and tapped the conversion blade holder, and trimmed the screw on Shameems gold eye. What I didn't realize is that if you flip over the plastic bezel it's a perfect fit. I'll post a pic soon.

I've also drilled and tapped an 8-32 hole where the old convertec used to be and have a tcss black anodized wheel in it's place. I feel like this build is coming together very well.

But!!! I've run into an unexpected problem: there is wiggle between my tcss adapter and the master replicas hilt. I'm not sure how to shim it, or even if I should. I've brainstormed that maybe a set screw or two would help, and I'm thinking either an 8-32 or 10-32 socket head where the slide switch would be, or maybe two 4-40 screws next to brass pin sockets where normal graflexs have those rectangular notches.

I'd love any feedback with regards to conversion kit wiggle.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Masking tape?

Hmmmm, mine were all tight. Even after you tighten the golden eye, still a wiggle?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Masking tape?
    I can give it a shot. I had to use tape to shim the copper shroud on forgotten hero, but that shroud was also directly screwed to the hilt in two places. I'm worried tape by itself may not last. But I certainly should try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Hmmmm, mine were all tight. Even after you tighten the golden eye, still a wiggle?
    Yes sir. The plastic bezel for the gold eye isn't a tight enough fit to the main hilt to prevent the wiggle. It was like that even before conversion, so I figure it's not an issue with my tcss kit. The only time there isn't a wiggle is when I fully tighten the screw that is supposed to be my blade retention, the knurled thumbscrew provided in the kit that goes just above the gold eye.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Maybe put in all your screws as place setters and inject in some E600 between the hilt and adapter? That way you could get them apart if needed but the E600 will bond the 2 items together and prevent rattling, its kind of like rubbery once cured. 24 hour cure time.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."