Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Slick Sith

Default Slick Sith

For some reason, I don't get approached to make Sith hilts very often. If they only knew how attuned to the Dark Side I am

This was fun, I got to make this for a local guy I met through a facebook cosplay group that was recommended to me by a member here. I'm excited to get to hand deliver it to him since that is so rare in this hobby.

The saber has a custom machined blade/led holder combo similar to MHS style blade holders but made at less than 1.25" OD, that is mated to a solid mandrel bent piece of 6063 aluminum that. Blade holder, shroud and pommel insert were machined from 6061. The main hilt is polished and painted with Duplicolor Shadow black out 2 part paint. 5 coats of color and 3 of clear for a dark but still shiny finish. It has finger grip indents milled into the underside of the curve and then the hilt is wrapped in gator embossed genuine leather from Defconbird. It runs a NBv4, dRdRrB TriCree, 24mm Saber Essentials speaker, 16mm red ring AV switch. Board and 2.1mm recharge port are in a machined delrin chassis easily accessed through the pommel cap.

Pics now

Thanks for looking and MTFBWY!

wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Sweet design! Hey man don’t you gotta job? Lol, Your cracking these beauties out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    Sweet design! Hey man don’t you gotta job? Lol, Your cracking these beauties out.
    This is my job lol. I did it part time for about a year and for the last 6 months I've been full time. I do this 6 to 7 days a week for 10 hours a day and I've never been happier.

Wow! Another one again! Great job

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post
    This is my job lol. I did it part time for about a year and for the last 6 months I've been full time. I do this 6 to 7 days a week for 10 hours a day and I've never been happier.
    Id murder a room full of younglings to smith full time. Im still in "expensive hobby" phase.

Excellent saber. That embossed leather looks wonderful.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Leximus View Post

Well then that makes perfect sense. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Vereous View Post
    Id murder a room full of younglings to smith full time. Im still in "expensive hobby" phase.

Excellent saber. That embossed leather looks wonderful.
    It took me over 10 years to get this point....and it's still a struggle sometimes.

That saber is awesome....
    Happy to hear you are able to be a full time sabersmith.....
    Someday when I quit my real job.......... maybe someday.... lol

Nice! I likey. I guess I need to install a curved hilt at some point, I've been straying away from them.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Nice! I likey. I guess I need to install a curved hilt at some point, I've been straying away from them.
    They can be a fun challenge. This is my 4th or 5th only in over 10 years. I have another much more complicated one on the bench...hopefully I'll get to show it off before it drives me mad.