Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Handmade Arcann Marek saber

Default Handmade Arcann Marek saber

A saber inspired by one of the newer but more iconic characters in the universe. I present what I'm calling the Arcane.

Since I am one man with one lathe on one axis and no computer help recreating the exact replica falls into the realm of the impossible....luckily my client disliked a lot of the feature that made it tricky. We took cues from in game images and early concept art and came up with a very nice if not simplified version.

This saber is made of 10 separate pieces that were all hand made or machined. The brass emitter is mildly etched and all bare aluminum has been polished to a high shine. The grip is wrapped in genuine sting ray and is hands down my favorite part of the saber. It runs a prizm 5.1 with neopixel blade and as always a 24mm Saber Essentials speaker. The ports for recharge and RICE and the soundboard are seated in a custom machined aluminum chassis with nonconductive lining.

Enough talk...pics now!

Thanks for looking and MTFBWY!

wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Boom! That’s another awesome saber. Great job Darth Leximus

Blog Entries

Nice work!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Pure awesomeness right there! The pattern on the brass, sting ray leather wrap, the double claw on the emitter, the metal "grips",just so cool Darth Leximus! Definitely my favorite build of yours along with your "fit for battle" one. Very lucky customer.

Very nice!

How did you make the shroud piece, or the "bars" at the bottom? Those aren't made on a lathe right?

Beautiful! Love the Damascus emitter section....

A man can have anything, if he is willing to sacrifice...

Dude, I'm in awe of that saber. It looks ready to bring the empire and republic to their knees. Amazing work!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhillB View Post
    Very nice!

How did you make the shroud piece, or the "bars" at the bottom? Those aren't made on a lathe right?
    The emitter section is made in mutliple parts that all interlock together. The fin protrusion I milled out of a solid block of aluminum. The grip sections at the bottom were also milled out of a thinner block of aluminum. I then cut them out by hand with a dremel. They were then all hand sanded smooth.

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Nice Saber.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."