Thread: Kit bash blade plug

Default Kit bash blade plug

I built this blade plug from objects I had lying around.

I used an inch of the thick blade tube as my base. I had a bunch of parts for an older TRAXXAS gas R/C and built up the end from those gears and other parts. I then used a metalic set of paint markers to add color. Finally, I stole some plastic "rubies" from my wifes scrapbook supplies. I know you can purchase several different colored jewels at Wal Mart for a fairly cheap price. They have an adhesive back, but I used super glue to reinforce them. I would note that the jewels do not light up when the blade is on. I am sure some enterprising individual could get it to work, but I am going to just leave it as is.

Nothing amazing or costly. Just a bit of kit bashing from stuff you find around the house.20180510_154254.jpg20180510_154351.jpg20180510_155352.jpg20180510_155418.jpg

Are those kyber crystals . Good job on the bladeplug. Very unique!

Very cool.

http://s6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...0Saber%20Hilts

From Wikipedia: "Internet Explorer slows down GIFs if the framerate is 20 frames per second or higher and Microsoft reports that Google Chrome and Safari also slow down some GIF animations."

For that crazy vader dog guy to like your blade plug design, you know you've done well. Since that crazy vader dog guy might be known for some fancy blade socket plugger thingies. Nice job.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Paedryn View Post
    Finally, I stole some plastic "rubies" from my wifes scrapbook supplies.
    They have an adhesive back.
    I would note that the jewels do not light up when the blade is on. I am sure some enterprising individual could get it to work, but I am going to just leave it as is.

Nothing amazing or costly. Just a bit of kit bashing from stuff you find around the house.
    If the "jewels" are like any of the ones I've seen, there's usually a bit of metal foil between the gem and the adhesive, my guess is to improve light refraction... (or in layman's terms; to make it more sparkly). If you can grab one more (even temporarily) from your wife's scrapbook supplies, you could check the back end to see if it's the same as I describe. If so, that would definitely block any light coming from behind the gem.

Blog Entries

Creative. I like it
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

TwinMill, you are absolutely correct.

I will try it out and get back to let everyone know.

And thanks for the kind remarks from everyone.