Thread: New MHS Shrouded saber

Default New MHS Shrouded saber

Here are a few pics of my latest saber. Pico Crumble Dark, Blue Blue White Tri-Cree, 3000mAh Li-ion. I used the MHS Speaker mount V6 for a chassis. I had to add solder to the + end of the battery to get it to contact the battery holder for some reason. After that it was easy peasy.....
    Shrouded 1.jpgShrouded 2.jpgShrouded 3.jpgShrouded 4.jpg
    Last edited by k6gad; 05-07-2018 at 01:37 PM.

Nice saber and shroud work! Is that hms sleeve material from the store?

Eggsellent! Did you try bending out the tabs a bit on the battery holder? Did you buy flat top or button top battery? The TCSS holder needs button tops.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Dude, that's a cool saber. Liking the shroud too. i'm building with the exact same MHS parts but it dont look like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Nice saber and shroud work! Is that hms sleeve material from the store?
    Yes, I used a milling bit on the top and bottom cuts and a Dremel cut off disk and barrel sanding bit for the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Dude, that's a cool saber. Liking the shroud too. i'm building with the exact same MHS parts but it dont look like that.
    Thanks... you are too kind! I've seen what you can do......

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Eggsellent! Did you try bending out the tabs a bit on the battery holder? Did you buy flat top or button top battery? The TCSS holder needs button tops.

Tom
    Yes..I bent the negative out 2mm or so and it still didn't want to touch the + end. It has a raised + button but I guess just too short. I've been using these EBL 18650 batteries for awhile but this is the first time I have used a battery holder. Usually I wire them up with a JST.

Where in the store is "shroud material"?

I've seen someone mention this before, but I lost the thread and thought maybe I was mistaken.