Thread: Need some help here.

Default Need some help here.

Do any of you know how to remove this one?
    image.jpg
    The other side.
    image.jpg
    I was thinking I could try to pry it off but I don't want to risk breaking it. I really don't know how I should be able to remove it . Any help would be highly appreciated.

they're expoxied on. try to gently pry and break each of the windings free from the back side of the plate, then tap the shaft out of the bearing. I have successfully freed a few of these. I used a very small flat head screwdriver to pry it off.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I tried to tap out the shaft with a hammer but it didn't come out yet. What should I do?

[QUOTE=Tom Tilmon;274506]they're expoxied on. try to gently pry and break each of the windings free from the back side of the plate, then tap the shaft out of the bearing. I have successfully freed a few of these. I used a very small flat head screwdriver to pry it off.

If it is epoxy... try heating the back with a flame from a lighter for a bit then pry gently from different sides. I have taken some of these off like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    I tried to tap out the shaft with a hammer but it didn't come out yet. What should I do?
    The shaft and the armature need to go different directions at the same time... if you can push on the shaft and put a screw driver under each side of the armature it should pop off.

Pop the center out and then come in from the backside with a step drill on a press, youll know when its free. Thats the easiest way, prying will just snap the plastic on the stator.