Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Wso2

Default Wso2

This Old Republic style saber is all machined aluminum, slightly weathered with brass accents and sleeve with black textured grip. It houses a nbv4 nestled in a custom machined delrin chassis. 18500 TCSS battery with in chassis recharge accessed by removing the twistable kill key. It runs a single rebel lime for plenty of brightness and great run time and a Saber Essentials 24mm speaker. All this in a neat slim package only slightly over 1.25" at the grip and 10.25" in length.

Thanks for looking and MTFBWY

wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Great looking saber!

A quick question, “twistable kill key?”
    I see the notch in the plastic of the brass kill key. Do you use a special recharge port, or does the port TCSS sell, just so happen to have it’s internals in such a way, that notch catches on something and won’t come out until you twist?

I like this idea, and would like to retrofit it for an existing saber or two in my collection, and if is as easy as just modifying the kill key, then awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    Great looking saber!

A quick question, “twistable kill key?”
    I see the notch in the plastic of the brass kill key. Do you use a special recharge port, or does the port TCSS sell, just so happen to have it’s internals in such a way, that notch catches on something and won’t come out until you twist?

I like this idea, and would like to retrofit it for an existing saber or two in my collection, and if is as easy as just modifying the kill key, then awesome!
    It is a standard switchcraft 2.1mm recharge port. The notch in the kill key allows for you to be able to simply twist to "unkill" the saber and twist again to kill. You can still simply pull to remove and charge.

What is the black grip material? That is pretty awesome. Nice saber Darth!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

It is 3 layers of spray on bed liner with 2 layers of gloss clear coat

You guys are so creative. Bedliner? I would have never thought of that. That is awesome.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    You guys are so creative. Bedliner? I would have never thought of that. That is awesome.
    works great but it needs to be sealed with clear coat or it will just peel off like plastidip

Question about the kill key. Is that kill key a modified one from tcss or did you get it elsewhere? I also want to get one like that for my lightsaber.

You did it again DL. Beautiful work. It has a cool KOTOR look about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Question about the kill key. Is that kill key a modified one from tcss or did you get it elsewhere? I also want to get one like that for my lightsaber.
    It's a standard tcss kill key, I notch it with a dremel and make the decorative caps