Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Seth Skywalkers first lightsaber

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Holowed my bkade tip. Looks so much better now! Lit it up with a flash light for testing[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    This works well for Neopixel; however, for a full length in-hilt blade, you will lose some brightness in the blade, particularly near the terminal end of the blade where the mirrored tip usually reflects some of the in-hilt light back down the blade. It works for Kouri with Kylo quillions very well, because they are short. If he did this in his main blade too, I'm not sure.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I think it should work. In any case I'll give it a go, can't hurt trying and experimenting anyways. I can always add more layers of anti static bag material should it be necessary. I saw this other thread where someone hollowed out the blade tip http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ow+bullet+tips

Finished the blade and I am imprssed. It's just so bright and even. No trouble with the hollow blade tip, lights up at the same brightness as the rest of the blade. Pics are with light turned on.
    image.jpg

And I will definitely suggest you try the hollow blade tips with two layers of anti static bag material. They look even better in real life than on camera.

Edit: I didn't finish the saber I just hooked it up to my battery supply.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-28-2018 at 03:36 PM.

After looking at my blade for a while, I noticed that the blade tip seems wider than the rest of the blade (You can see that in the pics above). Can this be solved by sanding the blade on the outside? What grit? Also will it white wash the red and make it look pink?
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-30-2018 at 07:46 AM.

Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 06-06-2018 at 10:24 AM.