Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Seth Skywalkers first lightsaber

Talking Seth Skywalkers first lightsaber

Hey everyone, im so excited I finally get to build my first lightsaber! Previously, I have only had a plastic disney kylo ren lightsaber and this one will definitely be an upgrade. It’s electronics are nano biscotti v4, 28mm bass speaker, rgb tri cree led and an illuminated av switch. Anyways, here is a mock-up of what it is going to look like777994F7-5D1D-42DD-8A87-5D10D60C240E.jpg

Started some shroud work earlier. I decided to use the band saw instead of the dremmel for this strait cut. I am aiming for a tpm obi wan style shroud.
    8ECE6831-34C9-4F1F-99D0-4842531CE89B.jpg

Awesome! Don't forget the PEX if you want to run all 3 channels independently on the NBIV. You going to run your illuminated switch on the DS pad?

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Awesome! Don't forget the PEX if you want to run all 3 channels independently on the NBIV. You going to run your illuminated switch on the DS pad?

Tom
    Thanks! I already have the power extender, just forgot to mention it. If I'll solder it the deep sleep pad, does that mean it's going to turn off during deep sleep? Your work is very inspiring, by the way.

If you solder the positive illuminated switch feed to the deep sleep pad, when the NBIV goes into deep sleep, the switch light turns off too. Deep Sleep on the NBIV is, in my opinion, one of its greatest features. You can wire them without a RC Port with swappable batteries, and its a very functional system for sabers.

Thank you for your comments, I'm just learning my way as well in this hobby, compared to many here, I'm a relative johnny come lately. With that being said; however, I have dreamt of lightsabers since I was a kid, and to use my pre-existing wiring/soldering skills to build my own is something I just didn't know existed. My job is sort of all-consuming, and has really taken away much from my life, so I'm just a nerd making up for lost time. I wish I had known about all this when it began, but I'm certainly in the hobby now, and I love it. It is massively stress-relieving! My sabers that I'm building have come a long way from the flashlights and inflatable blades that I had when I was a kid in the 70s.

Good luck on your build!

Tom

Geuse I'm lucky I did'nt have to wait that long. Turned 14 last November .

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    My sabers that I'm building have come a long way from the flashlights and inflatable blades that I had when I was a kid in the 70s.
    I’m just slightly younger, but did you ever have the “lightsabers” that were hollow tubes, that would make the “vrmm” swing sound by the air passing over the tube opening when you swung hard/fast enough? I don’t remember, but I think they were a knock off (non-licensed) toy.
    Had a LOT of fun dueling my best friend with those when we were kids.

Quote Originally Posted by bigkevin61 View Post
    I’m just slightly younger, but did you ever have the “lightsabers” that were hollow tubes, that would make the “vrmm” swing sound by the air passing over the tube opening when you swung hard/fast enough? I don’t remember, but I think they were a knock off (non-licensed) toy.
    Had a LOT of fun dueling my best friend with those when we were kids.
    Yes, we got those too. They were a lot of fun. Heck, I think those were before the Atari 2600!

Seth Skywalker, you are 14, and you're building your own saber? That is so awesome to see someone your age learning this type of skill! I had no idea. That is totally awesome! My faith in humanity is restored. I am old. My son is 24 and getting married. PS, I hope you have some supervision on that Band Saw! You must have some pretty awesome supervision going on there. Man, do they need to put vocational/shop classes back into the schools here. So many kids are missing out on some great skillsets that come in very useful. Someday you will be glad you learned how to do all this stuff, it can come in very handy and save you a lot of money when you grow up!

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 05-06-2018 at 09:10 AM.

Thank you for your encouragement! I have my dad's supervision on this. He has a lot of experience with soldering and electric stuff. He works at Tecan, don't know if you heard of it before.
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-06-2018 at 10:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seth Skywalker View Post
    Thank you for your encouragement! I have my dad's supervision on this. He has a lot of experience with soldering and electric stuff. He works at Tecan, don't know if you heard of it before.
    I had not heard of Tecan, had to google it. You have quite a teacher there! Soak it all in, you'll be glad you did. My dad was like that as well.

Tom