Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Seth Skywalkers first lightsaber

I think it would work. But I will be making another order soon anyways, so I might as well order a new blade retention screw.
    Here is an update I finished my wiring diagram, my dad helped me make it, so everything should be in order.
    image.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-23-2018 at 08:01 AM.

Finally got to do some more work on my saber, chassis work! Almost completed the chassis, just need to finish up a couple of things in there. I will also need to drill two holes in the chassis disk made to fit perfectly for the inside diameter of the ribbed section.
    image.jpg
    Also notched the kill key
    image.jpg
    Wiring with my dad on the weekend!

Glad to see this coming along nicely!

Interesting take on the chassis with the chassis disc 4 next to the speaker.

Thanks bigkevin61!
    The chassis disk 4 is not only perfect to secure my chassis, but I also need it for a converter, as the holes in the speaker holder are designed for 1.24" inside diameter unlike the acrylic chassis disks that I have are designed for the 1.14" inside diameter of the ribbed section.

Good solution.

When I put a chassis in my son’s saber’s ribbed section, I just drilled and tapped new 4-40 holes in the speaker in line with the smaller chasis discs.

Damn it! All my orders except the polish are all arriving monday!

Holowed my bkade tip. Looks so much better now! Lit it up with a flash light for testing[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Seth Skywalker; 05-26-2018 at 04:44 PM.

If you are sticking with that tricree you might have issues with even blade illumination. The mirrored tip is very helpful for keeping that last third of the blade as bright as the rest. Some folks just drill a small hole in the middle of the mirror if they want more light in the tip.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

I don't think there will be any trouble lighting the blade evenly since I will put in one or two layers of anti static bag material to let light through but still reflect enough back. Like this http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...tchbuild/page2

Minor wiring update, led all wired with resistors and heat sink.
    IMG_2701.jpg