Thread: what are the dimensions of the MPS V2 Pommel Insert?

Default what are the dimensions of the MPS V2 Pommel Insert?

Hello all,

Back to trying to add light and sound to a 2nd hand saber i picked up a few years ago, and I wanted to add a recharge port. The pommel insert on this piece is smaller than that of the V1 MHS parts i already have though.

Was thinking the smaller V2 could work if its the right size.

31522346_10155135191296292_8912582843197030400_n.jpg
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

Use a step drill to hog it out?

the way i'm looking at it i dont think i can accurately drill the hole and not frak it up
    The All-Father wove the skein of your life a long time ago. Go and hide in a hole if you wish, but you won't live one instant longer. Your fate is fixed. Fear profits a man nothing.

That's the beauty of the step bit, it will self center for the most part and you just need to stop at the proper step. It even leaves you with a nice finished edge.

yeah but if a $5 part can save me the aggravation of trying to do this with hand tools....

You need a caliper.. I believe the drill for a 2.1mm charge port is 5/16”....
    That is if you are going to thread the hole. Slightly larger if you want to have it passive in the hole and use the nut to tighten it.
    The TCSS site gives the thread as 5/16-32 for a Switchcraft charge port....

MPS V2 style 2 has a 5/16-32 thread and is in stock for $5.50 you could just use that and save buying a drill bit and tap.....
    Last edited by k6gad; 05-05-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by k6gad View Post
    You need a caliper.. I believe the drill for a 2.1mm charge port is 5/16”....
    That is if you are going to thread the hole. Slightly larger if you want to have it passive in the hole and use the nut to tighten it.
    The TCSS site gives the thread as 5/16-32 for a Switchcraft charge port....

MPS V2 style 2 has a 5/16-32 thread and is in stock for $5.50 you could just use that and save buying a drill bit and tap.....
    Thats not what he asked. He needs the insert dims, not steps on installing the RCP.

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Thats not what he asked. He needs the insert dims, not steps on installing the RCP.
    Sorry.... I don't have the size of the V2 insert and it isn't listed in the description. That is why I suggested a caliper.....
    I guess I looked for a solution that would work not taking into account the equipment someone has on hand.....
    Last edited by k6gad; 05-07-2018 at 09:15 AM.

Unhappy

i had to get new snap-ring pliers. took a bit to get the dang thing out. its a gnats **** under one inch across. Pic next to a TCSS V1 insert for scale.

31543579_10155140696956292_3581991884366544896_n.jpg

I have calipers but i think they are at my brothers house.
    Last edited by Cern; 05-07-2018 at 06:03 PM.

Well the V2 fits, its a little bit smaller but i think with a C clip it should be ok

32215423_10155147938146292_5941333878097575936_n.jpg