Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shimmer on clash Nano Biscotte 4...HELP.....

Default Shimmer on clash Nano Biscotte 4...HELP.....

I have two sabers both have same identical default settings for nb4 with no FOC..First saber is r/r/r/ led and produces a bright red shimmer light when it clashes.My other saber is b/b/b led with exact same settings which DOES NOT produce any lightburst when it clashes....I was wondering if the leds were wired differently for each saber or what would be the settings i would need to change to produce that same burst of light on clash with the b/b/b saber?.....i have manual but any examples would help...//Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,0,0
    fdrive=1023,1023,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=0,80
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    pulsed=0
    pulsel=0
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0

Remember that when programming FOC the LEDs are reversed, so the configuration there would be one blue light on that simply stays on without adding other LEDs on impact. If you want maximum brightness in the sabers, you'd want two LEDs on with the third added on impact. Another possibility that occurred to me is that the blue LEDs could accidentally be ordered in series where we need them all addressable.
    Last edited by Cjh1985; 05-02-2018 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pat.finnerty View Post
    I have two sabers both have same identical default settings for nb4 with no FOC..First saber is r/r/r/ led and produces a bright red shimmer light when it clashes.My other saber is b/b/b led with exact same settings which DOES NOT produce any lightburst when it clashes....I was wondering if the leds were wired differently for each saber or what would be the settings i would need to change to produce that same burst of light on clash with the b/b/b saber?.....i have manual but any examples would help...//Nano Biscotte 4.0
    drive=1023,0,0
    fdrive=1023,1023,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=0,80
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    pulsed=0
    pulsel=0
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0
    We have to know HOW the first one is wired and what the config file from BOTH sabers look like before we can offer any help, this is assuming the second saber is wired the exact same way. Anything else will be pure speculation.

Both sabers have the same exact default config files settings as i posted above from nano 4 sd card.I tried asking the sabersmith who wired the leds if both sabers were wired the same way and have not got a proper response.....I was hoping someone maybe able to tell me from experience what kind of wiring would allow or NOT allow the shimmer on clash feature to react...This was not a FOC setup since i wanted one saber to use all three reds and the other all three blue.....i am assuming parallel on both its just strange one has the shimmer on clash and the other does not....What settings would i use to increase the sensitivity of the shimmer on clash for that function in the configure file?.....Maybe the one saber is not reacting needs a bit more.....would i add more to the shmrd? or shmrp?or flkd?....new at this...thanks any help would be great...P..

You should really read through the manual. Most of the settings dealing with FoC start with “foc” and fdrive. Posting both configurations will be necessary, because I don’t think both are exactly the same, though I strongly suspect your wiring is the same in both hilts.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

This was not a FOC set up this was a shimmer on clash set up.its for sabers that want to use the same 3 color leds not 2 colors with a third foc that is different.....The manual does not go into detail about shimmer on clash settings that is why i am on here....Am a hoping the wiring is the same in both hilts and that i can make adjustments to the saber that is not responding to shimmer on clash.....Hopefully there is someone on here that understands about shimmer on clash and that is different than foc.....

drive=1023,0,0
    fdrive=1023,1023,0
    focmix=001
    resume=0
    shmrd=210
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50
    focd=200
    focp=10
    focr=10
    foc%=0,80
    qon=0
    qoff=0
    flks=3
    flkd=20
    pulsed=0
    pulsel=0
    lsfadeon=0
    lsfadeoff=0
    lightstick=0
    omnisabers=0 both sabers have the same defaults config files .....i checked every detail in config and overide......

Which am I looking at now? The in font config file or the override config file? And which saber?

The shimmer on clash setting are the shmr* settings - Pg 24 and Pg 25.
    Last edited by Forgetful Jedi Knight; 05-02-2018 at 04:04 PM.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."

i posted the font config file not the overide ...both sabers have this exact same config file settings in all the banks on both sabers....only one saber is producing the shimmer on clash which is strange.......thanks for finding the settings in the manual....shmrd=180
    shmrp=6
    shmrr=13
    shmr%=0,50 // shimmers digs blade from 0 to 50%...........any advice how much i should adjust these settings to make it more sensitive.. i dont want too go far.........also both sabers have the exact same settings for the overide config file as well......

You will need to post the override config files for both sabers.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    1. Forum Guidelines