Thread: The x-iv under construction

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Default The x-iv under construction

HELLO EVERYONE,

The X-IV is born!

Ive been working on my 4th scratch built saber made from an aluminum patio umbrella pole,vacuum handle,PC hard drive parts.
    Inspired by The Force Unleashed ,Starkiller design. [with a few twists].
    This whole project is done by hand with basic tools
    20180408_220601.jpg
    It will feature an I3,triple 7mm pixel blade 424 LED's,2 band spectrum analyzer,custom crystal chamber,custom rear sliding chassis,
    10w 30mm Harman Kardin bass speaker[the loudest speaker ever]from a laptop.
    built in micro USB charger.

Here's where i started,the umbrella pole,main body cut.
    20180408_215606.jpg20180408_215804.jpg
    Then the vacuum handle cut for the shroud [whew,what a pain]
    20180408_215936.jpg
    4-40 allthread,brass tubing,PC HDD motor spindles,make up the crystal chamber,and rear chassis.
    20180412_212727.jpg
    Blade holder- 1" copper compression from Home Depot,attached to crystal chamber installed in main body.
    20180412_212643.jpg
    Beautiful cut quartz crystal.
    20180501_232232.jpg
    2 Band spectrum analyzer in custom activation box
    20180501_232814.jpg
    Im going with a cell swap battery solution this time,and a kill switch when i remove the blade.

Thats it so far,still need to install the metal grips,going with 3/16 solid aluminum sq rods.
    waiting on electronics,
    Attachment 1661520180501_233310.jpg
    Cheers
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by mongo; 05-02-2018 at 02:54 PM.
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Born and raised in Alaska-currently in Louisville,Ky

Wow!!!.........60+ views.
    And not a single comment !
    Sure has changed a lot around here!!
    MONGO-[aka ALASKAN JEDI]

Blog Entries

Saber is looking good dude. Dont take the low comments personally. After the mad surge around TFA and maybe the following year, interaction has slowed a bit. Most saber conversation, albeit 97% garbage, happens on social media now. Less of a community and more of a troll and ego fest. Seems people are more willing to crap on others than actually be constructive amd productive. Also seeing a lot of instasmith and ripoff artist sutuations happening.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Blog Entries

Oh and from a viewer perspective, if i have to log in to see your pics its a hassle and i usually forget about the post by the next time i actually log in. Try a hosting site so they show when nit logged in.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Hey @mongo ! What are you using for your Bunny Ears? Lovin' the crazy lightsaber stand, where'd you pick that part up at?

Keep at it, it's looking good so far!

Question

Nice work. The vacuum handle made into a shroud, Lol that’s awesome. It does have a Graflex feel to it. That’s how lightsabers are supposed to be made, from found parts. I like it!

Ya it’s a tough crowd. DC is probably right. That Facebook! ( not a huge fan). I’m a firm believer in giving positive feedback and giving praise where deserved. I’m not always perfect at it though. Either way it looks very inventive and nice.
    Last edited by Jediseth; 05-09-2018 at 07:43 PM.

Cool lightsaber! The starkiller design is one of my favorites. I agree with Jediseth, I like the fact that it's made of found parts. Looking forward to seeing this one finished!

Liking what I see.
    Mind if I ask what was used behind the crystal in pic 7? That perforated metal (at least to me) looks like a larger version of the wind guard you might see in a Zippo lighter.

MTFBWY