Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: FoC kills my saber

Which 186500 battery are you using (mAh rating)?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

It’s only a little 1400mAh 18500. I had to go with this because of the space (or lack there of).

Anyway, I’m chuffed to report I’ve fixed it now. I ended up resoldering the entire board and the negative pad on the LED. I’m not sure which end was to blame, but it seems to work ok (for now). I’m going to chalk this one up to bad beginners soldering and move on to my next.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’m sure I’ll have more questions/problems in the near future that I’ll be back to ask advice on.

Ciao for now

Quote Originally Posted by S.J.Horan View Post
    It’s only a little 1400mAh 18500. I had to go with this because of the space (or lack there of).

Anyway, I’m chuffed to report I’ve fixed it now. I ended up resoldering the entire board and the negative pad on the LED. I’m not sure which end was to blame, but it seems to work ok (for now). I’m going to chalk this one up to bad beginners soldering and move on to my next.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. I’m sure I’ll have more questions/problems in the near future that I’ll be back to ask advice on.

Ciao for now
    Yea, the Biscotte is a hardy board, so its almost always an errant solder issue. Glad you worked it out

I have hosed a Bisquit, and then fixed it. Its definitely a hardy board. I have never had issues with the NBIV that weren't self-imposed. Its a goto for most "normal" installs. Glad you got it fixed!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."