Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FoC kills my saber

Default FoC kills my saber

Hi guys,

Ive just finished the build of my first saber, and while most elements works ok, the saber seems to die when i try to introduce a flash on clash. Have any of you experienced this before or have any ideas of what is causing this?

I’m running a red, red, white led with white as the FoC. The saber turns on ok and recognises movement, but as soon as i hit the blade against something the saber dies and will not turn back on again until I insert the charging lead in to the charging port. This seems to retset everthing, but will repeat the same issue if tried again.

Have i got a short circuit somewhere? Any help would be very mich appreciated.

You may have bridged the contacts on the board. Check your solder joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    You may have bridged the contacts on the board. Check your solder joints.
    Cheers Greenie. I did think that but I’ll check again and maybe resolder all again. Love your work btw - insainly mad detail on your internal chassis - truly exquisite!

Thank you sir.
    A magnifying glass is great for checking your joints or just snap a pic on your phone and use zoom.

I had the same issue running a nbv4 with neopixel. I had to change some of the parameters. Might I ask what you are using for a soundboard?

I’m using a nano biscotte v4. I’ve checked and doubled check everything and it all seems to be fine. If I disconnect the negative white led wire from the board it all works fine. As soon as I reconnect it to the board it all cuts out as soon as the FoC should activate.

1. What resistor do you have on it?

2. What battery solution exactly are you using?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

I notice you are using a red, red, white led. how are those wired? the Nbv4 FoC is a separate channel when you use a tri led chip. Are the reds wired in parallel on channel one and the white on channel two? I know with my strip I had to dial back the fdrive for my FoC. It might be helpful if you copy your config and override files and show us what you at running.

Hi Guys,

Sorry for the delay in posting this, but it was harder to draw a wiring diagram than it was to actually wire it!

Please see attached (I hope) a diagram of what I have. Note it is the green wire to the negative post on my white white LED that is causing the issue. Any help would be very much appreciated.

LS1 Wiring Diagram.jpg

Wiring diagram looks good here but I'm admittedly not a master. I've had this happen and needed to charge the battery up to full before it stopped. If a full charge isn't your problem here, perhaps something happened around the board side of the connection to white neg?