Thread: FoC kills my saber

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default FoC kills my saber

Hi guys,

Ive just finished the build of my first saber, and while most elements works ok, the saber seems to die when i try to introduce a flash on clash. Have any of you experienced this before or have any ideas of what is causing this?

I’m running a red, red, white led with white as the FoC. The saber turns on ok and recognises movement, but as soon as i hit the blade against something the saber dies and will not turn back on again until I insert the charging lead in to the charging port. This seems to retset everthing, but will repeat the same issue if tried again.

Have i got a short circuit somewhere? Any help would be very mich appreciated.

You may have bridged the contacts on the board. Check your solder joints.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    You may have bridged the contacts on the board. Check your solder joints.
    Cheers Greenie. I did think that but I’ll check again and maybe resolder all again. Love your work btw - insainly mad detail on your internal chassis - truly exquisite!

Thank you sir.
    A magnifying glass is great for checking your joints or just snap a pic on your phone and use zoom.

I had the same issue running a nbv4 with neopixel. I had to change some of the parameters. Might I ask what you are using for a soundboard?

I’m using a nano biscotte v4. I’ve checked and doubled check everything and it all seems to be fine. If I disconnect the negative white led wire from the board it all works fine. As soon as I reconnect it to the board it all cuts out as soon as the FoC should activate.