Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Finished first Saber, everything was great until..

Default Finished first Saber, everything was great until..

...suddenly the blade went super dim. It's been working fine for several days (hella bright), no issues at all. Today I go to play around a bit, bright as normal.. then its like a dead flashlight. Accent LED and Sound are still fine, crystal chamber rotating nicely.. just super dim blade. Plugged it in to recharge, and the charger gave me a green light indicating fully charged.

My DVOM is at work, so I'll grab that tomorrow and bring it home.. but in the mean time, any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Are you sure the LED had the proper resistor?

dead battery?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Ok, I'm getting 4ish volts out of the battery to the JST with the LED unplugged. As soon as I plug in the LED, I get 2.3v or so and its super dim. It was fine and bright for several days and now it's barely on at all... what could be robbing the voltage? is the LED bad? I have the .47ohm, .5W resistor coming out of a NB4 into a green single cree.

I just cut back the shrink wrap and it looks like my resistor melted. so.. yay.. probably also fried my LED.

EDIT 1: burnt resistor https://i.imgur.com/VjJOqtT.jpg
    EDIT 2: LED is fine, I can give it momentary full battery voltage and its bright AF. Now I just need to figure out why the resistor burnt up.
    Last edited by SirDigbyChknCzr; 04-28-2018 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenXp View Post
    Are you sure the LED had the proper resistor?
    I was sure.. but now seeing that its burnt out, I'm much less sure.

Probably too low a wattage on the resistor. What was it's rating?

.47ohm, .5W resistor