Shaping has begun. I'm sticking with the pipe. I have just begun blending it in, and feathering it out, and I like the look. Its sleek. Once I feather out the top shroud, up high, it will definitely fit.
Here is the beginning of the shaping process, once its shaped, then I'll polish it smooth. Lots of filing, lots of dremel. A laithe could not do this work. I think the hand filed rounded appearance, in the end will be very reminiscent of Nihilus' hilt. I think hand-made imperfections are a bit more realistic than CNC milled sabers. I think that is why I like MHS so much, its flexible beyond just the various different pieces.

Also, doing some brainstorming on the chassis. Its going to be difficult around the battery, because I also have to fit on a protection PCB in the area (nowhere else to put it). Ahhh, the joys of using extraordinary batteries, everything has to be custom fit. 18650 just doesn't have enough run time on the pixels. I think I have it figured out, although some may not like my solution. I think its viable. we'll see.

I do all my metal work, and mocking up out in the garage. Fine detail work in my office in the hacienda. Heat in winter, AC in summer. Summers are brutal here in NC, but we have had a gorgeous spring! I got a lot done today! Figure this saber might be done some time in June.

Tom