Thread: Northman's Axe

Default Northman's Axe

Latest project is done.

This is 100% machined, blacksmithed, weathered and etched by me. Main hilt is 6061 Aluminum with Brass accents on the collar and the pommel as well as a brass unlit AV switch.
    The Axe blade is forged from w2 steel and is left with a dulled edge to remain as safe as possible with an axe.

Insides are a NBv4 with RbRbW TriCree for a Ice Blue blade.
    Holds a 3.7v 4800mah dual 18650 battery pack for an ice age of run time w/ in hilt 2.1mm recharge
    Saber Essentials 24mm Stealth speaker
    Machined delrin chassis to hold board and speaker.

Pics now...

As always thanks for looking and MTFBWY
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

Sick and different. I would've gone with red though for main blade color and yellow flash :P
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

That’s awesome! Great idea, great work Darth Leximus. I totally dig it man.

Now that I took a second look at your pictures I really want to swing that around. Lol
    Last edited by Jediseth; 04-21-2018 at 08:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jediseth View Post
    That’s awesome! Great idea, great work Darth Leximus. I totally dig it man.

Now that I took a second look at your pictures I really want to swing that around. Lol
    It feels awesome, in both axe and saber mode. The axe blade is removable and when it's out the thing makes for some crazy spins.

Quote Originally Posted by ZrenTobas87 View Post
    Sick and different. I would've gone with red though for main blade color and yellow flash :P
    I was thinking a nice amber but it was a client build sadly and not for my own collection