Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Master Sword & Pedestal of Time

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Default Master Sword & Pedestal of Time

Master Sword & Pedestal of Time

From Legend of Zelda... mostly Ocarina of Time, but it appears in lots of other games too, but in different forms.

It's mostly scratch built from aluminium, acrylic, delrin and wood... there's some other stuff in there too, but in small doses. The sword has a Prizm V5 and 2x neopixel strips, and the pedestal has a Petit Crouton V1, 2x LEDEngine 5w whites and 9v DC plug.

Demo video:

Edit: Dang it, the pictures are HUGE... Sorry to re-direct y'all, they're posted on imgur.

https://imgur.com/gallery/z2EoNwC

The "How I made..." videos have more pictures of both the build process and some pretty pictures towards the end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUIy4RUyKII How I made the Pedestal of Time (and accessories)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgbNbXUxOJA How I made the Master Sword

That’s crazy! This is so awesome! Where do you think up this stuff??
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    That’s crazy! This is so awesome! Where do you think up this stuff??
    the voices... they tell me to do things...

thanks, man!

Now, that is creative. I've never played video games, but there is a lot of stuff going on there for sure. That is insane, I hear the voices too! But they tell me different things.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Super creative as always....nice work
    wsoFB by Nathan Barnes, on Flickr

I just want to go kill guardians now... Dude, that is the coolest thing. I've thought about a master sword lightsaber for breath of the wild cosplay, with the hum as that terrifying piano music when you encounter a guardian. That pedestal is so cool... It's like I'm ten years old again watching that video. Well done.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

This is awesome.
    Making a master sword via saber internals has been on my “to do if I had the manufacturing capabilities” list since I got into this hobby.

I was worried about a in-hilt led, and how it would look/diffuse, and you answered that in your build video!

How you routed your neopixel strips for lighting up the blade is cool. New technologo for the win!

My brother approves and actually wants one made himself :P
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Nice work!
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Thank you all, very kindly, for the compliments, folks!

BOTW in it's entirety seems to be my new to-do-list. I want to make everything guardian, glowing orange and blue, I even have (what seems to me now, possibly maybe not later) a "good idea" to do the guardian spear. I've already seen someone make glowing, 3d-printed guardian sword and master sword... but as a core-lightsaber-nerd - those could all be WAY better with plecterlabs tech.