Thread: "Yellow" blade looks more like Christmas lights... :(

Default "Yellow" blade looks more like Christmas lights... :(

Hey everyone! I finally finished wiring my first nano biscotti! I remove the kill key the first time and that boot up is SO LOUD. I love it!

Problem is, I'm color mixing cree red and green for a yellow, and the transwhite thickwall blade I'm using actually looks half red and half green with a yellow foot at the end. Que the rots Vader NOOOoooOooOoOOOooo!!!

Nano biscotti v4
    18650 rechargeable 3.7 li-ion from the shop
    Tri cree red green white(unused till I get a color extender)
    .47ohm .5 watt on green
    1.8ohm 2 watt on red

I tried to take a picture of the blade, but photos come out white. Also, my yellow dot av switch looks more like green. I have the dynaohm resister on it's mainline, and it's negative is hooked up to my blade, on pad 1.

I'm going to buy some cellophane wrap for the blade and try that out, and I'm charging my battery as I type hoping that's the issue with my switch led.

Wisdom is always appreciated! Mtfbwy!
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

The diffusion is essential. Once you put in cellophane it should be fine.

Hard to say why your switch would look green, which switch is it? These would typically look very much like the color you expect.

Hey Jbkuma! My switch is one from the shop http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/16...itch-P620.aspx

I had a strong feeling that diffusion was my issue. I'm very disappointed that I can't find a roll of 40" cellophane at my local craft store that's shorter than 100 feet. I guess I'm gonna order online or something.

Hahahahaha that is the truth. I was trying to be lazy!! They had 30" by 5 feet, so I figured if they had that in 40, I could just drop it in and trim. *Poof* five foot wrap. I suppose a 40" by 30" wrap can still do the trick. We'll see!

So now that my battery is full, the yellow button looks yellow, it's just pretty darn dim. I got a red ring switch a few years ago that was as bright as a cigarette lighter, so I might have had lofty button expectations.
    Last edited by Vereous; 04-20-2018 at 03:41 PM. Reason: Content

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    it doesn't need to be 40" wide if you cut it 40" long
    Shhh!!! Thats using logic!!

Well thank you guys, I get so focused on one idea, I overlook the logical solutions. Got five feet of cellophane in there and the diffusion is almost perfect. Now I can start to tweak the color driving settings for that perfect yellow.

At full battery, my yellow switch looks yellow, but unless you are looking directly into it, you can't tell it's lit. After maybe ten minutes of battery drain, the switch looks more green to my eye, like not enough juice is getting to the switch led so the red one cuts out or something. Is that normal for color mixed illuminated switches?

...I might just swap an unlit switch instead.
    Last edited by Vereous; 04-21-2018 at 07:57 PM.

Illuminated switches typically have a single color LED in them. Are you using something from TCSS? Some switches come with limiting resistors built in already.

Yes, it's from tcss. It's the "16mm Anti Vandal Short Momentary Yellow Dot Switch".

The store page says they don't have an internal resistor, so I used a dynaohm variable resistor, also from tcss. I suppose it might just be a dud led. The switch itself works just fine, though.