Thread: Trustfire battery and Charger Question

Default Trustfire battery and Charger Question

Hi,
    I purchased a pair of trustfire 3.7 V 2400mah batteries and trustfire charger. My question is once the batteries are charged and I don't need to use them right away do I leave them in the charger plugged in to the wall outlet or not?

I do not leave my batteries in the charger. I don't know of any hardfast rules, but to me...LiIon in a charger perpetually=bad things.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Do not leave li-ions on the charger longer than you have to. Unplug them when they are full and they will hold a charge for a long time. If you need it and it’s been sitting for awhile charge it for a bit before use and you’ll be fine. I worked at a airsoft field and saw way to many batteries burn up from over charging

You really shouldn't leave fully charged batteries sitting on the shelf either. They should ideally be stored at something like 80% capacity. As far as leaving it in the charger, it depends on the charger, but no matter what it's best to remove. The charger can always reset or otherwise fault and start charging a gain even if it's designed to stop and stay stopped.