Thread: Is this even possible? Potential idea

Default Is this even possible? Potential idea

So Ive been playing through SWTOR again and I found this saber

new saber idea.jpgb3d9a604ea573826c26a83127cce806d.jpg79296a0ee5c381b2bbb1be69e18e7783.jpgec6aaf94c4a30e6ec9e0b1f11e5070cb.jpg

When its in its basic form it appears to be a standard saber hilt length Id wager about 11 inches to 13 inches long, but then the pommel end extends to give it more of a pike feel. Im curious if anyone has attempted this all the googling Ive done hasnt pulled up anything. I dont think its really possible because the pieces that extend would have to collapse into the main body not leaving much room for electronics... Idk just shooting ideas. It would be cool to try I feel

Ah, Senyas lightsaber. She's such a cool character. In my opinion, she's a much better protagonist than Rey. Her motivations and abilities make sense, and her struggles and failures lead to actual growth.

But on topic!! Slothfurnace once made a spring loaded Crystal chamber reveal for an Obi-Wan hilt. I don't know exactly how he did it, but his build log is extensive and it seems like you want to build something like that, only longer. If your wires have room to collapse and extend over and over without damage, I don't see why it's not possible... I just think it would be very hard, and possibly too fragile to duel. But it would be a wicked shelf queen.
    Player: I feel your anger, master.
    Darth Baras: A blind, deaf, comatose, lobotomy patient could feel MY ANGER!!

Quote Originally Posted by Vereous View Post
    Ah, Senyas lightsaber. She's such a cool character. In my opinion, she's a much better protagonist than Rey. Her motivations and abilities make sense, and her struggles and failures lead to actual growth.

But on topic!! Slothfurnace once made a spring loaded Crystal chamber reveal for an Obi-Wan hilt. I don't know exactly how he did it, but his build log is extensive and it seems like you want to build something like that, only longer. If your wires have room to collapse and extend over and over without damage, I don't see why it's not possible... I just think it would be very hard, and possibly too fragile to duel. But it would be a wicked shelf queen.
    Thanks for the info on Slothfurnace! This is kinda what I was looking for and a step in the right direction, Im starting to realize this might be pricier than originally imagines but lets see. Might give it a go, or go for longer hilt that doesnt extend/retract idk

You’re not going to be able to do a “hilt extension” that would be structurally sound. The only thing that I could think of that would make sense, it to designing the shorter hilt with electronics secured in place such that the pommel could be completely removed without bothering anything else, and then design it so that you could easily remove the pommel and attach (screw on) what the extended hilt would look like.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com