Thread: speaker holder recommendations needed.....

Default speaker holder recommendations needed.....

I have been working on my saber for a while, I had hoped to have it done by May the fourth but as it is mid April and I am still not there I am getting anxious.....

I have been waiting for months for the speaker holder V4 to come back in stock with still no luck.

It seems I am going to have to give up on the TCSS part if I want to finish this saber in time for the May 4th celebration so does anyone have a recommendation on a speaker housing that will attach to one of the TCSS metal chassis discs and sit inside any of the V1 pommels?

Rapidly growing desperate.....
    Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally

So, I would tell you to improvise a Speaker Holder 5, but its out of stock as well.

You could have just dremeled down the lip on that that catches the inside of the hilt so it fits inside the hilt, and adapt that as a temporary fix. But...no stocky.

For emergency temporary measures you could cut the back end out of a MHS v6 chassis, and drill/tap it for 4/40 threaded rods, then similarly dremel the lip down so that it fits.

EDIT: the above suggestion is certainly a desperation fix. It'll work, but I'd replace that with SH4 when its available.

Tom
    Last edited by Tom Tilmon; 04-16-2018 at 11:26 AM.

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

As Tom was saying, you could buy a different version, and make modifications.
    MHS-speaker-mount-V2 is like V5, but instead of having the backside tapped for rod at the disc spacing, it had a ridge for the AAA battery pack.
    Like so:6170A318-8B26-4A75-A073-FBF5038FACB6.jpg
    Now, I’ve modified a V5 to use different rod spacing (to fit inside a ribbed extension), and it is really easy to drill and tap a 4-40 hole (or holes) in the plastic it is made of.
    If you want a close V5, buy a V2, and sand the back flat, and drill & tap your own holes (use a chassis disc as a guide).
    If you want a close V4, buy a V2, do the above, and like Tom said, remove the lip (dremmel, sand off, whatever you choose).
    The store sells 4-40 taps reasonably priced.

Just a bit of advice, Delrin is easy to machine/cut/trim etc. Even with an Exacto knife, so you may not need a Dremel.

Yeah, I'm weighing some options since they are still out. I had a v5 on hand last time which I ground the lip off of. One might have hoped they'd have restocked in the last 2 months or so but whatever. You could also use the aaa pack on and remove the lip and then hold it in with a set screw.