Thread: Wiring Check

Default Wiring Check

Hey guys, just finished my wiring diagram for my first saber build and wanted to get the green-light on it before I proceed any further. I'm going to be building an RGB saber with a NBv4 and PEX using a 3.7v rechargable battery and a charge port. Wanted to get a quick spot-check on how it looks to everyone. Thanks!

Wiring Diagram.jpg
    Last edited by djmehs; 04-16-2018 at 08:13 AM.

Looks good, might be over-driving red a bit, maybe a 1.2 ohm resistors or turn down the current to that diode in the configs.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

What would you turn it down to if it was yours? Any ideas?

Somewhere below 1000, 980 or so. At new battery voltage, you'd still be overdriving it a bit, but it might be ok.

What resistor should I have used on the red LED? It was a few months ago that I did the calculations for it so when I ordered the resistors I just went off of what I determined back then...Honestly I know its supposed to be easy to calculate them, but I remember being rather surprised that a build as (I had assumed) common as A NBv4 with an RGB and 3.7v battery didn't just have a standard set of resistors that everyone used. It would've been nice to have just been able to do a quick search and know what ones I needed. Any idea on why that isn't the case? Thanks for taking the time to respond by the way. I've noticed the forums seem somewhat quiet the past couple days.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Looks good, might be over-driving red a bit, maybe a 1.2 ohm resistors or turn down the current to that diode in the configs.

Tom
    Ah, wait I see you mentioned in your original reply that I should've gone with a 1.2ohm resistor. My bad.

Quote Originally Posted by djmehs View Post
    Ah, wait I see you mentioned in your original reply that I should've gone with a 1.2ohm resistor. My bad.
    I think once you wire enough sabers, you just know. The reason there isn't a spreadsheet or something, is that there are tons of different brands/colors of light emitting diodes, and its just simpler to calculate the resistor needed via SV,FV,C and Ohm's law.

I'm horrible at math, so I use this one: RESISTOR CALCULATOR LINK

The forums are quiet, I guess lots of folks are on spring vacation/break or something. Good luck on your build. I just built a NBIV RGB saber with PEX as a wedding gift. I deliver on Thursday! They're going to love them.

Tom

That's a kicka** wedding gift! Thanks for the insight! I'll try and post something when I'm all done! As long as someone experienced is comfortable using a calculator, then so am I. I know I've read some guys say not to use them, but like you, math isn't my strongest skillset. Thanks again!