Hey guys, I'm djmehs. I've made a few random noobish posts here and there over the past few months with random questions as I contemplated my very first saber build, but never formally introduced myself. I think it was because I was still sort of nervous I was going to chicken out or not be able to talk my wife into letting me make the investment.

Well, I'm ecstatic to say that I've just completed my second of 3 planned parts orders for my first saber after FINALLY deciding on a design. I just completed my wiring diagram, which is what originally was brought me to the forums today, but the more I thought about it, the more I decided I wanted to make the thread a little more than just a wiring check. I sorta want to make this into a build log as well. One that will, with any luck, help any other noobs like myself learn from any of the successes, failures, peaks, and valleys that I may encounter over the course of the process. I also think it will be neat to have a sort of "scrapbook" to look back on for my first build of hopefully many more. I've always had a talent for writing, and I'm hoping I'll be able to use that talent to help other noobs on their first builds, and for everyone else, I'm hoping I'll at least be able to make it somewhat entertaining as long as I'm good about taking pictures and sticking with it without falling off.

That being said, this is going to be very wordy, true to my writing style with everything. If I do this, I don't think I'll be able to cut back on length very easily without making a conscious effort to do so. So if the wordiness ends up turning into a sort of "TLDR" sort of thing, please let me know so I can try my best to dial it back a bit. It's more important to me that I get valid, helpful feedback without annoying everyone than it is that I be able to say every single thing I'm thinking about.

Without further ado, the vision, planning, and build log for my very first saber, Ascension: