Thread: Help with 1st time saber build

Default Help with 1st time saber build

I've read a lot of the posts here, and watched a lot of videos (including TCSS vids) and they answer a lot of my questions, but I am wanting to build my saber with Ammnra's rotating crystal setup, and am unsure about how to wire it in with my other choices.

I plan on using:
    cree green LED, nano biscotte v4 and 18650 li-on battery in the V6 MHS mount, coupled with the premium 28mm speaker.

I am unsure how to exactly wire in the motor (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0080DNUC4) and LED (standard 3.3v 5mm green LED) for the crystal chamber and resistors needed etc..

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by SirDigbyChknCzr; 04-14-2018 at 07:51 PM.

Your LED should tell you what its forward voltage and current rating are. You can either use Ohm's law, or Click HERE to calculate the resistor values for your green 5mm LED.

As far as wiring your motor to the NBIV, you could either use the deep sleep pad or the 3.3 v pad to draw power from, and connect the negative of the motor to the negative on the NBIV.

If you use the 3.3v pad, the motor will always turn when the kill key is pulled. If you use the DS Pad, the motor will turn until the saber goes into deep sleep. Of course you could wire a latching switch in either the positive or negative loop that feeds the motor, and turn it on/off with the switch.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Ok, that's about what i figured after scanning the NB manual.

went back and read more on the NB manual.. looks like I'm adding in a killswitch.

Thanks for the help
    Last edited by SirDigbyChknCzr; 04-14-2018 at 08:53 PM.