Thread: LED string blade and NanoV4 - cutting off mid swing - troubleshooting?

Default LED string blade and NanoV4 - cutting off mid swing - troubleshooting?

Im running a neopixelstripx2 140 with TCss 10A 3.7v battery and the nano V4. Everything works perfect.... Until I swing. Not every swing however. Could it be the power consumption? Im running it 1023. I plan to turn the burn down to 900 for the LEDs as a first step. Any other suggestions?

Is the battery fully charged when you get this behavior? What is it doing when you swing? Is it shutting off, speaker going scratchy?

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Battery is fully charged. No scratchy speaker. Its when I swing down and to the left. I tried decreasing the power draw by dropping the current from 1023 to 950. Still the same. I might try changing orientation of board to see what happens.

update: Ive tried decreasing Foc mix to 500/500, and Im running Main at 900. battery is fully charged and no scratchy speaker. I've tried changing orientation of board. The result is the same. gentle swing down and to left no problem. quick forceful swing down and to left causes the board to reboot.

any ideas?

Rebooting does sound a lot like its tripping the battery protection circuit trying to pull more amperage than it can spit out.
    Only way to eliminate that variable is replacing the battery.
    Actually, wait. Does it happen with the blade disconnected?

I don’t know. I’ll try disconnecting the blade and swinging it this evening. I’ll keep you up to date

Every nano I’ve had has had similar issues. I’ve used hilt LEDs in past and they would cut off with Foc. I would remedy that by turning current down.

I have a different battery that’s capable 12A or higher. I’ll try that last. The current TCSS 10A is brand new.

Another update. The nano does not shut off when the blade is not connected. I tried decreasing the current (900 main and 200 on Foc)-still shuts off on hard swing. I tried a higher amp battery and i did not use pcb. The board momentarily shuts off and then comes back on.

Any thoughts?

Get in contact with Erv.