Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: MHS speaker mount V6

Default MHS speaker mount V6

I was wondering if anyone has tried the MHS speaker mount V6.
    It appears to be a chassis and speaker mount requiring a battery
    holder for the 18640 series battery. How is the NB V4 chip attached
    to this chassis? I don't see any clips, velcrow? or is it held in by the
    plastic tube guard that is recomended?

The V6 holder is covered in the Basic saber with sound tutorial.

Youre only limited to how you want to do it.

I use 3M double sided adhesive on my V6 builds, but you can do anything you want. The way I wire mine, I leave a channel in the tape for my speaker and negative wires to get up to the board. Madcow (TCSS) has 2 videos on the V6 chassis and 18650 battery holder. Both are worth your time, and then some!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Both are worth your time, and then some!
    All madcow's videos are worth your time. Both the TCSS tutorial ones, and his Genesis Custom Saber ones (keep a towel handy to wipe up the drool).

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    I use 3M double sided adhesive on my V6 builds, but you can do anything you want. The way I wire mine, I leave a channel in the tape for my speaker and negative wires to get up to the board. Madcow (TCSS) has 2 videos on the V6 chassis and 18650 battery holder. Both are worth your time, and then some!

Tom
    You dont route them this way?

And then im OCD, so cant have them visible at all lol

I route them the way Madcow does. So, you can see the neg and speaker wires where they poke up through the hole, but I have them tight against the sides. I'll try and grab a photo in a bit, I'm wrapping up a NBIV with PEX (RGB) as a wedding present. Its MHS with the V6 chassis. I'm out in the garage building a "maz box" for the his and hers sabers.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Thanks for this pic, watched MadCow's vids also, great information. I'm going to try this holder on my next saber instead of fabricating the chassis.

If you want, I've also seen people use non removable batteries in that chassis.

Interesting. So you would just put the rechargeable battery in place of the holder and secure with some double foam tape?