Thread: Prizm 5.1 kylo trident wiring help

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Prizm 5.1 kylo trident wiring help

Hi saber fans-
    Question regarding wiring the quillions for a kylo conversion.. I have dr/dr/w on the main, and a single dr on each quillion. Can I just wire the quillions to the power pad as indicated in the manual, but without a power extender since I’m using only a single led on each?

The manual shows a pex required on a rrw led for main ANDquillions.

Thanks

They used a pex only because they were wiring FOC in the quillions. If you're not wiring FOC in quillions, you can use channel 1 for 2 main reds, channel 2 for the quillions, and channel 3 for your white FOC in main blade.

If you set it up this way, you will not have FOC in quillions. Jordan from SoCal says that is the accurate thing anyway.

If you want FOC in quillions, then you may need the pex, but you're only running single crees. Wire them both to channel 2. That is inferred in the directions. Channel 2 will be your delay channel. You will have some work to do in the configs on your SD card.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

I did mine like this dR/dR/G. The main blade had both reds run on Ch. 1, each side only used 1 of the reds on Ch. 2, Ch. 3 was the greens in each. Channel 2 is set to delay. Runs fine, no issues. I suggest using a high-drain battery though.

PS, if you wanted FOC in all 3 blades (if you had tricrees in quillions), you probably could wire all 3 FOC diodes to channel 3; however, you'd have to reduce the amp load between the 3 diodes to not exceed the rating. Which is possible, because you don't need the quillion diodes running at full chooch, because the quillions are so short. You can run them at 50% (500) in the settings, and they will still be as bright as main blade. Of course the white in your main blade would similarly be reduced; however, it flickers between the white and red anyway if you have your FOC configured.

Tom

I believe each channel is good up to 4A, so the three leds going on FoC shouldn't be an issue, never has been for me once I upgraded to a higher drain battery. Before that, the speaker would fuzz during lockup and overall it'd dim, that aside it works great.

thanks for the help guys.
    What im gonna do is, wire the two DR leds from the main to channel one, the two single DR's from the two quillions to channel two, and the main blade White foc to channel 3. The only thing im worried about is the battery choice. I'm not using an RCP and decided to go with removable batteries. I have the trustfires from tcss. they're lower mah than my usual wired panasonics. Should I go with a better battery? the Keepowers maybe... would they fit the trustfire charger?

On my in-hilt Kylos I use higher quality batteries with higher mAh. Initially running KP 18650s, and Obrtronics. Now I'm running 26650s in all my Kylo sabers mainly out of necessity for how I use them. I need them to last a long time usually.

Tom