Thread: Home Depot D-Ring

Default Home Depot D-Ring

So I built this from screws and a picture hanger from home depot.. Had to cut off some and round it off but Im happy with the result

hilt.jpg

The screw is a .5 diameter screw and there is a nut on the inside, it did make screwing on my hilt a pain because it was twisting the recharge port up since the cap couldnt rotate anymore, but what I did was improvised a piece of wire and held the recharge in place till I got the pommel screwed about halfway on then let the recharge port screw in place as I screwed the pommel on (sounds weird)

If you need to take it apart again you can try sanding down the retention clip a bit so the pommel insert will rotate. Then you just need to hold it still while you screw in the pommel.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    If you need to take it apart again you can try sanding down the retention clip a bit so the pommel insert will rotate. Then you just need to hold it still while you screw in the pommel.
    Omg thanks this is genius

one slight caution: don't sand it too much or it will spin freely from your belt and could twist the wires inside. You may be able to use a nut inside to tighten the Dring and against the internal lip of the pommel to ensure it stays secure.