Thread: NBv4 Wiring Check and resistor wattage question

Question NBv4 Wiring Check and resistor wattage question

I think I'm about ready to start wiring up my first NBv4 build, but wanted to check in here first and see if anyone has any final advice or corrections for me.

NBv4
    G/G/W Tri-Cree
    3.7v protected Li-ion battery pack
    2.1mm switch recharge port
    12mm non-illuminated AV switch
    20mm Speaker

From what I understand the green LEDs with the 3.7 forward voltage don't need a resistor, but I'm not sure what to do with the white. The only .5Ω resistors I have are .25w, which I'm guessing wouldn't work. Would a 1Ω 3w resistor be a better option? It's only for the FoC so it's not the end of the world if it's a little dimmer than it can be.

Last edited by harmless_toast; 04-01-2018 at 01:02 PM. Reason: new diagram!

You should put at least a minimal resistor on your Greens. Also, the store sells resistors in the wiring section.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

A minimal resistor, like the .47Ω .5w in the store? I was really hoping to avoid having to wait (or pay) for shipping yet again, but I guess it probably can't be avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by harmless_toast View Post
    A minimal resistor, like the .47Ω .5w in the store? I was really hoping to avoid having to wait (or pay) for shipping yet again, but I guess it probably can't be avoided.
    Unless you can find them locally. Better to pay a buck for a resistor (or two) than to replace a tri-Cree.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

While I wait for the resistors, I put together a new version of the diagram to try and better plan out where the wires will physically fit.