Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TP4056 Charging board instead of a recharge port?

Initially, when looking for information about these modules, I found descriptions that were suggesting the load was separate from the battery, making possible to skip the switch.
    Deepening the research, I found another page where, for the same kind of board, it is suggested to disconnect the load when charging.

So, looks like the information I got initially might not be precise enough.
    To play safe I believe we always need to include the switch to cut power to the board when charging.

Sorry for the confusion I may have created.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

As to the other issue.. I have asked Erv and he said it was not a issue using these.. but maybe that is in regards to damaging the board and I did not consider it fooling the charger. But I am pretty sure if the sound module is in deep sleep then this would not be a issue but I could be wrong.. will ask what he thinks.

EDIT.. Okay so Erv does not think it would be a issue as long as the board is turned off but still thinks some sort of cut-off such as a latching switch, etc would be a good safety measure.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    As to the other issue.. I have asked Erv and he said it was not a issue using these.. but maybe that is in regards to damaging the board and I did not consider it fooling the charger. But I am pretty sure if the sound module is in deep sleep then this would not be a issue but I could be wrong.. will ask what he thinks.

EDIT.. Okay so Erv does not think it would be a issue as long as the board is turned off but still thinks some sort of cut-off such as a latching switch, etc would be a good safety measure.
    Yea, thats why i used a kill switch. The batt and USB neg go to one side of the switch and board neg goes to the other. All pos's are wired normally. As far as indicating when its charged, its the same as with a cell phone, the charger knows when to stop supplying power.