Thread: First ever build, making sure I'm on the right track.

Default First ever build, making sure I'm on the right track.

First off, my apologies if this has been answered before. I work a ton of hours and long commute, have a wife and a way too energetic 2 year old daughter, so time is limited for me lol.

I built up a graflex hilt in anh configuration, and I'm looking at a nbv4 sound board, tri-cree led, with foc. Looking at the nbv4, it looks like it'll do what I want for my first build, but I'm fuzzy on the battery. 3.7v? 7.4v? I'm feeling like 3.7v should be fine, since I'm not going for any other accent lighting. As for the foc, how does that even work? Is it something just programmed into the board, or is there another board I need to wire in? Do I just wire the white led to the foc pinout? Also, is there any general consensus on leds combinations to make the nice cyan the graflex had in anh?

Thanks in advance. Also I'm open to suggestions from those that are more experienced!

Welcome to the party. I know all about energetic kids and limited time .
    The NB is designed for 3.7v input. It will handle a tri LED and an accent or two with reasonable run time. The FOC is an in built feature of all plecter soundboards, activated by built in sensors on impact. Usable with a tri LED, two LEDs for a main blade colour and the third, often white but any colour you choose, connected, as you say, to the FOC pad.
    As for the colour of an ANH Graflex, it varies a lot between scenes and versions. I'm sure others will chime in with better knowledge on that.
    Good luck fella and MTFBWY

Greenie

The ANH color is almost a white tinged with cyan. To keep your build simple, just use a blue, blue, white tri-cree. There are ways to blend your FOC diode (white) in my recommendation into the actual blade while its running to lighten it up. I mix in white from the FOC pad into my running blade to lighten its color a bit. The cool thing about the NBIV is the blending abilities for 2 different diodes without any add-on boards. The NanoBiscotte IV will do everything you need all by itself. Once you get the saber built up, if you need some help with the configurations, I can post some here that you can copy and paste into the configuration text within each bank. Its easy once you learn how to do it. But, with that "all too energetic 2 year old" about, we can expedite the process here to help you along. When the 2 year old goes to sleep, start watching every Madcow video you can on the TCSS YouTube Channel. Pay particularly close attention to the nano biscotte IV videos, MHS Version 6 chassis, and setting configurations. That will propel you through the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."