Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: First build! Graflex 2.0 (ESB) w/CF9

Graflex IV is THE graflex font, IMO! That font is incredible. Everything about is perfect to my ear. Of course, I'm half deaf, so....there you have it. Glade you have it in final tweaks. Come finish mine, its killing me.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Keep that ear pro on at the range, Tom.

I’m still not sure why the boot sounds are playing after I select a font!

That said, I won’t have time to fine-tune the fonts until Sunday, when my vacation starts. Still waiting on my replacement red buttons from TGS, but I’m in no hurry.

I also need to start fine-tuning the flicker and FoC parameters. At first glance, it looks like each font has different preloaded settings. Still working on getting the swing sensitivity right. Any tips, in terms of motion gate numbers and whatnot?

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    Keep that ear pro on at the range, Tom.
    I do, bagpipes are the problem. 20 years of playing the pipes and leading the band does a number on your hearing.

I'm not sure about font settings and boot sounds of CF Greg, wish I knew CF better. Don't know why its doing that. Maybe FJK can chime in here, that is his go to board.

Tom

Do you wear acoustic earplugs? Specifically for musicians and loud concerts? They help block out the damaging frequencies while still allowing a musician or audience-member to hear the music properly. They were a life-saver at the last Iron Maiden concert I was at, since we were about 5 people deep from the stage. Anyways, sidebar conversation.

Still working on refining the soundfonts. Mixing and matching sounds to customize each of the 12 soundbanks. Been refining the motion/clash sensitivity, and I’m getting very close to what I would consider spot-on. Also started playing with the blade/LED settings (flicker, etc.).

The board still plays the font sounds AND boot sounds when a particularl font is selected, but I haven’t really dug into the configurations to see if there’s a reason for it.

I may be an idiot!

I cleared off the SD card, then reloaded the original, stock CF9 fonts, and it still plays the boot.wav sound after the font.wav sound when a font is selected from the soundbank list. I’m thinking this is how it’s supposed to work!

Also, I had to resolder the thin silver traces on my clamp card, since they were getting worn off from all of the handling and experimentation I’ve been doing. Wasn’t nearly as hard as I expected. Using solder flux paste on the traces (and masking off the thick brass traces) helps.

Still tinkering with various configurations. It’s been a long and tricky process. I’ve probably spent at least 20 hours on it, in total. Tweaking, testing, retweaking, retesting. I’m pretty much done with the actual soundfont changes. I’ve shuffled sounds around for pretty much every soundbank on the board to get them just how I want them.

Now, I’m focusing on things like flicker and light effects. I need to go through all of the blaster sounds and better match the timing of their FoC deflection effects. Especially since I mixed and matched many of them, so that the sounds no longer match a particular font’s blaster bolt light effects. Tedious stuff!

That tinkering with the configs always takes me longer than the install. I know its good when I click through all the fonts, and think to myself, "I like that, I'm done." Although, it usually takes me a week or so to get there.

Finished my graflex up while you've been at it. Youtube Linky

Good luck on your journey! Get her chooching on all 8!

Tom