Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Recharge port hookup

Council Member
    Jedi Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    Well, I've got a saber that's wired up with a 1A buckpuck and no sound.
    Got the battery pack on quick-clicks, gonna take those out, hardwire the battery pack in with the recharge port.

I actually don't care at all about the AC driven thing, I was just wondering if it was really that simple.

Thanks for your help, both of you!
    I've got a saber with a 1A puck wired up like this. Works just fine.

As far as the AC/DC thing goes, if you found the right adapter, it could work. Almost any AC to DC adapter would work, as long as the output was within the input range for a puck. Here's a thread I remember from last year where we were talking about the same thing. The biggest issue I think, is heat dissipation, and the effects of the electronics being constantly on.

http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ead.php?t=5222

Are there any plans to sell rechargeable battery packs again?

Quote Originally Posted by Obi-Ben View Post
    Are there any plans to sell rechargeable battery packs again?

That question belongs more in the Store Stock thread.
    Here you go.
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

How typical that I'm posting in this thread, right after myself...

Anyway, can the Trustfire All-in-One charger be used with a recharge port?

And... what's the thread on the recharge port?
    "You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."
    -Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by Eco View Post
    How typical that I'm posting in this thread, right after myself...

Anyway, can the Trustfire All-in-One charger be used with a recharge port?

And... what's the thread on the recharge port?
    No...go to a site that sells batteries (found a couple from searches on here) and look at their chargers. You need to buy a charger for your specific voltage and MAH.

Also from searching on the board a couple of weeks ago (I needed a tap) I found an answer here in this thread including links where to buy a tap and die.

Thanks for that, Zook.

I find it somewhat odd that Tim still carries the 2.1mm adapter for the smart charger when he doesn't carry the smart charger anymore.
    Probably still carries it as an adapter for the chargers at other sites...
    -Benjamin Franklin

ok well i have ben working on this for about 7 hrs now and i think i got it rite

ok well this is way WAY over my head

i need a charger not adaptor my head hurts... i was trying to find a charger to work with this then i came across a Multi-Voltage AC/DC Power Transformer & Adaptor and didnt read all the way threw or think it threw that it wont charge the saber but run it off the wall plug

witch would work if that is what i was doing
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 09-04-2009 at 10:22 PM. Reason: did more surfing online

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Here is the charger Tim used to carry that will work with the 2.1mm adapter wire sold in the store:
    http://www.batteryjunction.com/unsmchfornib.html

That charger is for NiMH batteries, I have one, and it works great.

jedilestat, your diagram will work fine.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

ok i hooked a recharge port up to a hasbro econ board and the kill key worked like it should thanx to all the input in this thread...

i dont have the recharge pack yet i just tested with 4 AA and AAA packs so i could get the power to cut out but ya it worked so im happy
    Last edited by thejedilestat; 09-18-2009 at 09:07 AM. Reason: adding photos to the post

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

So after reading this thread ( and getting a headache ) I think I have it. If I was looking to use a recharge port with an MR soundboard I ended up with a schematic like this. [IMG][/IMG]

Any chance someone who knows could confirm this for me?

Thanks
    Last edited by Pullo; 11-13-2009 at 06:19 PM.