Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Recharge port hookup

so is there a wire diagram for the PCv3 using a recharge port and kill key with a tri rebel RGB and 2 av switches with a led ring each, (i have added 2 dyna-ohm resistors for the leds) my confusion is around how to rig the battery to the recharge port utilising a kill key (style 5 gold)

based on the information I have gather you have the recharge port connected to the speaker and batter on one terminal and the other terminal to the soundboard? schematics would help and I have wishlist here

I know you don't ship your li ion battery packs so I'm going to need to source that else where (if you do ship to Australia that will be great).

I thought to myself "just download the PIB you N00b".

Quote Originally Posted by Strydur View Post
    Depends.. if you have all MWS parts then go battery>recharge port>buckpuck.
    Tim, do u then connect the buck puck directly to the switch (using a standard switch, not AV) and then the led? MWS has thoroughly confused me....
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Tim, do u then connect the buck puck directly to the switch (using a standard switch, not AV) and then the led? MWS has thoroughly confused me....
    If you follow the directions in the 1000 mA BuckPuck description it tells you where to connect things. To add the recharge port connect the "to board" part of the recharge port to the BuckPuck, and the "battery" part to the battery pack.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Danke Shon
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Hello I was hoping someone could tell me if this wiring diagram is correct or not.
    noboarddiagram.jpg

If you wire it that way, you won't be able to turn the accent LED off. It will stay on all the time, even with the kill key inserted.

I would move the accent LED negative so that it connects between your main LED negative and the recharge port. Then the accent LED will be on all the time, but you can turn it off with the kill key.

If you want the accent LED to turn on and off with the blade, you'll need to do the above, AND move the accent LED positive to the other side of the switch (between the switch and the main LED resistor).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    If you wire it that way, you won't be able to turn the accent LED off. It will stay on all the time, even with the kill key inserted.

I would move the accent LED negative so that it connects between your main LED negative and the recharge port. Then the accent LED will be on all the time, but you can turn it off with the kill key.

If you want the accent LED to turn on and off with the blade, you'll need to do the above, AND move the accent LED positive to the other side of the switch (between the switch and the main LED resistor).
    Is this correct?
    noboarddiagram.jpg

Yes. The switch LED and main blade LED will turn on/off together, and a kill key in the recharge port will turn off everything. Be sure that switch is a latching switch or that you have the momentary-to-latching converter.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

So... I always see people using the rechargeable packs with the JST connectors on them. Are those wired in some magical way that makes them better? I'm wondering if it's a horrible idea to hook up a recharge port to an 18650 holder rather than a rechargeable "pack". Is there a disadvantage to that? Seems like it would be convenient to have the option to plug your saber in, while also having the option to switch out the battery instead of waiting for it to recharge.

I tried to search this question out but I had no idea how to word it correctly. -_-