Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Recharge port hookup

yeah I did thank you.

wait I just noticed, so the hasbro boards do need the momentary not the latching then?
    Last edited by Lord Maul; 02-17-2010 at 11:02 PM.

Council Member
    Sith Lord

Yes, Hasbros (cheapy ones) need a momentary switch. The Hasbro FX sabers take a latching though.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Ah ha I see. So then since I think my wife is going to surprise me with one a those I'm gonna have to get a momentary switch then. Thanks.

Default Rechargeable Battery Packs

TCSS doesn't have those battery packs in the store anywhere that I could see. I want one, but where do I go/ how do I make one. Also does that pack save space compared to the spring type plastic battery holder?

Council Member
    Sith Lord

There's a thread in this board called "battery pack making". Follow that to build a pack. It saves a bit of space as compared to a plastic battery holder.
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I really really like the 2 AA size holder with the speaker and sound board mount. Huge space saver.

Lightbulb

I do the 2 AA holder with the board epoxied to it and the speaker on the bottom with Tim's speaker mount. I like the set up, but if I use a battery pack then could I put a recharge port on the opposite side of the sound card? (that's my hope since I have little vertical space in my saber.)

Nope. The charge port goes too deep into the hilt.
    This Jedi Ranger has a name....Terek Kelrune. Don't forget it.

Is there a schematic that shows how to hook up accent leds to a MR/Hasbro anikan rots board, that will activate when the kill key is pulled?

Just wire the LED from the + and board - of the recharge port with the appropriate resistor.

Click here to learn all about me!
    The Shoutbox: The only place you can double post!
    Anybody who spells it Lightsabre is dyslexic
    "Yeah, if I had Skotts face I'd hit it too" ~ Fenderbender
    "You didn't buy a toy saber just to break it. You bought an economy sound card with a really complicated wrapping scheme." ~ Silver Serpent