Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Recharge port hookup

Yes, that will work. Although, I will add that if you have a Luke ROTJ FX board, that you don't need to splice the speaker wire into the board/battery positive...that soundboard has it's own separate leads for the speaker.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks Jay-gon, Your help is, as always, much appreciated.

i dont think you need the + from the recharg port to the + on the speaker but other than that it looks good to me but i havent done one with an MR

"You are a Jedi who never knew what life was until it ran out in a big gush over your lips."

<ARKM> "May you come to the attention of those in authority"

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

That's what Jay-gon already said.
    In order to see the Light,
    you must sometimes risk the Dark.
    TCSS MODERATOR

BLUE 8 Ready to ROCK and ROLL!

Quote Originally Posted by thejedilestat View Post
    i dont think you need the + from the recharg port to the + on the speaker but other than that it looks good to me but i havent done one with an MR
    On every other MR board you do need to combine the battery + and speaker +, but with the Luke ROTJ (2005), Mace Windu ROTS & ATOC, and the Vader from 2003, you do not need to do it, as those boards as they have two leads for the speakers already.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Thanks all. My bad on the speaker hook up I was thinking about the other MR boards I have done.

so quick question, I'm noticing in all the diagrams I find for the recharge port that they all have a momentary switch, is that neccessary or can you use a latching switch with a recharge port?

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Really? Not the all the diagrams I've seen.

Like this one, it has a latching slide switch:

I'm not sure why you think it would matter which switch you use with a recharge port. The switch is dependent on the type of board you use. You can use a recharge port with any board, or even just a direct drive saber.
    TCSS MODERATOR

Ahh ok. Still learning...., I was going by the few schematics I've seen, the ones in this post, and one in another, both said momenatry on the switch not latching so I wasn't sure if there was something regarding that. Thanks, this diagram actually is alot closer to what I'm looking to do.

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

I guess most of the diagrams you've seen are for sabers using the Hasbro Econo boards, those all use momentary switches.

The diagram I reposted above was from the page right before this. I guess you missed it.
    TCSS MODERATOR