Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 LastLast

Thread: Recharge port hookup

ill defiantly look in to it this wont be my last build and it sounds like a great idea
    by chance do you happen to know the answer to my previous question to the resister strength

ERUDITION

A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack.

Super new here, and maybe I missed it..... But isn't there an easier way / more streamlined way/ better way/ alternate way to do this. There are micro usb magnet charging options out on the market- which would be super slick (imho). Would it be possible to use something like that as opposed to this whole kill key/recharge port thing? I would think there should be some way, be it a small switch/toggle/ or maybe something how it's wired that would allow this? This way we could recharge potentially from not only a usb to micro feeding from ac, but even one of those usb recharge packs that you can get for your phone- while out and about with a short cable..... Or am I missing something critical?

Not all lightsabers run on a 3.7v battery like a smart phone does...some require a 7.4v battery, and you can't use a usb port on a pc or a phone charger for that (5v output). For a 3.7volt powered saber, it's certainly possible.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay-gon Jinn View Post
    Not all lightsabers run on a 3.7v battery like a smart phone does...some require a 7.4v battery, and you can't use a usb port on a pc or a phone charger for that (5v output). For a 3.7volt powered saber, it's certainly possible.
    Sorry if a lame question, sooooo, if you're using a 3.7v battery, you can use a micro usb port as the charge port? and it won't need a kill switch?

Thanks!

Ken

Please need help with econo blade builders sound board i installed a charge port, where I must wire accent led for that will activate when the kill key is pulled?

Thanks a lot

Hi guys. Quick question, would there be any issues with hooking up a recharge port using 30 gauge wire? I know the prizm manual reccomends 28, just curious about 30.

Depends on your expected current load. If you're doing a standard in-hilt LED star setup, you should be fine with 30. If you're planning on running a Neopixel setup, then you could run into problems.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    Depends on your expected current load. If you're doing a standard in-hilt LED star setup, you should be fine with 30. If you're planning on running a Neopixel setup, then you could run into problems.
    Cheers, running a standard set up. Prizm v4 with an xp e2 (g,g,rb). All powered by an in built 18650, so nothing too fancy by todays standards.

Just a quick note on this:
    The + side will only typically see current relative to the charge current, so something definitely under 2A, probably under 1A.
    The - sides will both see full load current since the terminals bridge to make your power connection to your hilt. This should always match your load requirements.

Also of note, at least the Switchcraft manufactured jacks are only rated for 5A. Cheaper knock offs are likely rated for less or lack a rating at all.
    Last edited by jbkuma; 04-11-2018 at 07:46 AM.