Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What kind of LED is this?

Default What kind of LED is this?

I received a hilt I ordered from ETSY. I immediately noticed there was no space for a standard LED heatsink.
    When I asked about this they told me to use the following:

led.jpg

I think I've got a workaround with a little machining I'll be able to use a standard size Heatsink (width, depth will have to be low profile)..just wondering if anyone here knows what that is?

It's something mounted on a Sinkpad, but it's impossible to say without seeing the actual LED or imprints. That plastic certainly isn't an adequate heat conductor for using a high power LED driven to it's peak.

Quote Originally Posted by jbkuma View Post
    It's something mounted on a Sinkpad, but it's impossible to say without seeing the actual LED or imprints. That plastic certainly isn't an adequate heat conductor for using a high power LED driven to it's peak.
    Thanks.. yeah I don't want to use that.. just not sure what I can use. I can have the top of crystal chamber machine out to hold a standard heatsink but it will still be took long...

Looks like a cheap flashlight LED that wont put out any heat, and will give crappy light.

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Looks like a cheap flashlight LED that wont put out any heat, and will give crappy light.
    Looks Like I'm screwed...I got the manufacture to elaborate, this is what he told me to use (see below)
    I even asked for schematic and it clearly showed space for a full, proper heatsink.
    I guess If I can get the alignment issued fix, I can install a neopixel/intelliblade setup.
    Really sucks, this hilt wasn't cheap. Asking to return it, but I doubt that will go anwhere (seller is in thailand)

icm_fullxfull.151545468_rm2eav8gjas8k404sw48.jpgicm_fullxfull.155755699_ggtq636o8jk0cwoosw8k.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by deviltronix View Post
    Looks Like I'm screwed...I got the manufacture to elaborate, this is what he told me to use (see below)
    I even asked for schematic and it clearly showed space for a full, proper heatsink.
    I guess If I can get the alignment issued fix, I can install a neopixel/intelliblade setup.
    Really sucks, this hilt wasn't cheap. Asking to return it, but I doubt that will go anwhere (seller is in thailand)

icm_fullxfull.151545468_rm2eav8gjas8k404sw48.jpgicm_fullxfull.155755699_ggtq636o8jk0cwoosw8k.jpg

Oh, XML RGBW, what are you trying to use it for? You can use a heatsink for that. Not sure where you got it, i got one for $6 shipped from over there for experimenting.

That's pretty standard, not as bright as dedicated RGB channels, but decent enough. What heatsink are you trying to use? You can fit it in a 7/8" heatsink if you need to, you might have to gently fine the corners a bit, but it will fit.

Sorry, I wasnt specific enough.. LED is fine enough (my plan is RGB Tri-cree), but he is telling me to mount it with that plastic ring.. no lens, no heatsink (it won't fit, it was machined with only 5mm of space). He told me "I run mine for 10 minutes with no problem"

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Oh, XML RGBW, what are you trying to use it for? You can use a heatsink for that. Not sure where you got it, i got one for $6 shipped from over there for experimenting.
    My saber was machined to be only able to run a disk with no heatsink or lens...5mm of space..I want to run a standard tri-cree with heatsink...plus the hole is only 12mm so part of the led will be cut off.