Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: NBv4 Power indicator question.

Default NBv4 Power indicator question.

Is there a configuration file that will allow a power indicator light fade on and off or is it a constant on or off kinda deal? What I would like to do is use the power indicator terminal to power a small accent led illuminating a crystal chamber and would like the crystal to "pulse". If the board is not capable of that I'm sure I'll be able to live with it although it will be a hollow, empty existence devoid of all hope and joy....lmao!
    Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally

Hi there! No, the NBv4 can’t do accent LED effects like pulsing. What you COULD do is buy one of those “candle” LEDS. I bought some 5mm blue candle LEDs for my Graflex and when powered on it will flicker, which creates an illusion of pulsing with the blade. Just make sure you have the right resistors, etc. also make sure you’re using the deep sleep pad for it, which is in the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by IINerfII View Post
    Hi there! No, the NBv4 can’t do accent LED effects like pulsing. What you COULD do is buy one of those “candle” LEDS. I bought some 5mm blue candle LEDs for my Graflex and when powered on it will flicker, which creates an illusion of pulsing with the blade. Just make sure you have the right resistors, etc. also make sure you’re using the deep sleep pad for it, which is in the manual.
    that is a GREAT idea but this one looks like fun!!

Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally

After a little research I have learned that the setup with the 555 timer, transistor and capacitor wont work as it takes a MINIMUM of 9v - 12v to get the effect.

I still have hope tho as I think a small 3V arduino controller like this Adafruit Trinket Mini will do exactly what I want to do and for less than $12 it's worth experimenting....

fear is my ally

Go for it! Make sure you post your results!

Blog Entries

I’ve wanted pulse effects without the high cost of the CF. I’ll be interested to know what you figure out. I’d love to add a pulse effect to my PRIZM board.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Banyon View Post
    After a little research I have learned that the setup with the 555 timer, transistor and capacitor wont work as it takes a MINIMUM of 9v - 12v to get the effect.

I still have hope tho as I think a small 3V arduino controller like this Adafruit Trinket Mini will do exactly what I want to do and for less than $12 it's worth experimenting....

Ha! I got a free trinket with my Adafruit Neopixel strip order. If this works, that will be awesome.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

not only that, the trinket can drive neopixels. I'm going to try programming some code into my trinket (that has been sitting in my electronics bin for months), and see if I can get her to run some unique neopixel accents in combination with a momentary switch toggle, if I can get that to work, I may be able to have it toggle between running and idle. Particularly if I can power it off the DS pad. Oh man, could this open up some unique possibilities with the NBIV!!!!!

I'm researching code! Blinking LED is easy, I want neopixel code!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Ok I got my Trinket for a bank breaking $8 and started playing around....I finally figured out the bootloader and the Arduino IDE program so I put together a quick fade in/out sketch. I didnt have a LED laying around but I DID have this accent led strip, its one of those ones that plug into USB and attaches to the back of your TV as an accent light but it is a constant on light.

I tinkered with the delay timing and brightness fade amount to get the "breathing" effect I wanted. It is currently running off a USB port so the next steps will be to get a propper accent LED and a resistor, to attach it to a quartz crystal and to wire it to a NBV4
    fear is my ally

camera wouldnt focus but it works well on illuminated AV switches too....

fear is my ally