Thread: Dash Rendar Lightsaber

Default Dash Rendar Lightsaber

Had some fun with this build, hope you all like it

https://imgur.com/a/hDD7n

XmKoXk1.jpg

That is a fine looking saber there dude. Nice repurposing for the stand, it's perfect.
    Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Greenie

Really nice weathering, particularly the blue airbrushing you did. Gives it nice cooling effect to the metal. Can you describe your etching apparatus there? I'm familiar with the Q-Tip method, but your larger pad looks like it would give much more consistent results for large surface area etching.

For a second I thought you were going to smoke your saber! Brilliant work!

Nice work, cool saber stand too.

Nice work! I think she looks like a battle hardened jedi weapon! Ok, I don't get the saberstand, whats it made from? I'm a non-smoker. I'm a Guinnesser.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Force Aware
    Blog Entries

Not tobacco smoking, meat smoking. It's a box that holds wood chips to put in your bbq

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    Really nice weathering, particularly the blue airbrushing you did. Gives it nice cooling effect to the metal. Can you describe your etching apparatus there? I'm familiar with the Q-Tip method, but your larger pad looks like it would give much more consistent results for large surface area etching.
    The etching is essentially the same method as the Q-tip. I just mounted a thing sheet of flat metal onto a box that I ran a screw through and used that as my applicator. It's a million times better than struggling with a Q-tip.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    That is a fine looking saber there dude. Nice repurposing for the stand, it's perfect.
    Oh, and welcome to the forums.

Greenie
    Thanks! Long time lurker, first time poster.