Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Chassis layout thoughts and advice needed (take 2)

Well I am well on my way to getting my first saber done, I just placed my order for all the parts I'll need to build this chassis....except for the speaker holder which is still out of stock and the NBv4 which I don't want to order until I know if this chassis will work. M made a cutaway 3D mock-up of the section of the hilt I will have to work with and it SEEMS to work.....

Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally

I downloaded accurate 3D files of the NBv4 and a Micro SD card so I would better be able to figure out my spacing
    Fear.. fear attracts the fearful...the strong...the weak.. the innocent...the corrupt...
    fear is my ally

Why not use blade tube?

Because I didn't know I could do that....
    fear is my ally

Knowing is half the battle. Yo, Joe!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth_Banyon View Post
    Because I didn't know I could do that....
    Ah, well. The 18650 is small enough you can use foam tape to secure it and leave some room for it to breath, the blade tube is 1" O.D. and you can use something to secure the Nano to and slide it in. If the blade tube is slightly smaller than you need, use more foam tape to make it larger and to protect against movement when sparring or simple swinging.

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    Knowing is half the battle. Yo, Joe!
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Why not use blade tube?

That is a thing of beauty! What is the micro USB for?

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    That is a thing of beauty! What is the micro USB for?
    Thanks, its an RCP, hence the switch The customer is stoked that he will be able to charge it in his car if he wants too lol

r/lightsabers over at Reddit has seen a lot of people posting and showing off pictures of their lightsabers in their cars center console (like a stick shifter) over the past week or so. They would really get a kick out of being able to charge it in the car, too...

Quote Originally Posted by SFXER001 View Post
    r/lightsabers over at Reddit has seen a lot of people posting and showing off pictures of their lightsabers in their cars center console (like a stick shifter) over the past week or so. They would really get a kick out of being able to charge it in the car, too...
    Interesting...