Thread: Two LED dyes acting as flash on clash - Prizm v5.1

Default Two LED dyes acting as flash on clash - Prizm v5.1

Hi all. I just finished building my saber and was disappointed when i realized that only one blue dye was on. I activated the FoC and saw the other blue dye light up with the white dye. Any idea what could cause this? Or if this is a setting I can change? I'm at a loss and don't want to take the entire thing apart again just yet.

you either have a bridge between the pads on LED or you need to adjust the settings in the config. Check the "config.txt" files first. You want to look mainly at:

"Drive" and "FDrive" settings. There are 3 sets of numbers after each. The numbers represent the power going to the diodes from the pads. I think it is ordered pad1, pad2, pad3 but don't recall. Lots of info about those setting in the instruction manual. Madcow has a good vid about adjusting the settings as well. All those parameters are on your microsd in the bank folders and the override folder.

For instance, if your drive settings looked like: Drive: 1003, 500, 0 ......your saber would have pad 1 pushing full power to pad1 and 1/2 power to pad 2, with pad 3 shut off.

If your FDrive is then set at: 0,0,1003 then for FOC events pads 1 and 2 are off, and pad 3 gets power.

Know this: Prism is a COLOR CHANGING CAPABLE BOARD so its loaded with different color "sets". Each set will run different diodes or different power to each diodes to achieve color mixing. I think you need to adjust those in the override if I'm not mistaken. Either way, check the configs first before you go chasing electronic gremlins. I'm going from memory here, so read the manual. That is step 1.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Id check the obvious first, your soldering on the LED itself.

I really appreciate the help guys! This was a very dumb question, so I apologize for that. Turns out I just needed to mess with the override.txt color profiles.

Hardly a dumb question. It's how we all learn.

I've wired a prism or 2, so I figured that is what it was. See, that is learnin'. Next time you'll know exactly the culprit! Which there is no culprit, its doin exactly what she was supposed to do!!! Glad you got it workin.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."