Thread: My first custom lightsaber!

Default My first custom lightsaber!

Hello all!

After years of owning sabers from different companies, I decided it was high time to build my own.

The saber runs on a Nano Biscotte V4 with a Tri Cree Red/Green/Amber and a 3.7V 2600 mAh 18650 Li-ion battery. The hilt was made with a mix of MHS v1 and v2 parts. I really like the slimmer feel of MHS v2, so the grip section is a 5in v2 extension with a converter to MHS v1 on either end. This allowed me to use a 28mm bass speaker rather than a 20mm one. I also weathered the hilt using the spray paint weathering technique from TCSS' youtube channel. The paint I used was a hammered brass finish. The current color configurations I have set are a lime green, a golden yellow, and a blood orange.

Pictures (For some reason, my imagus chrome extension is only showing 3 images when hovering, so you may need to click on the link)

Video

Overall, it was a fun experience to build!
    Last edited by moonpopper87; 03-18-2018 at 07:29 PM.

Very nice! Congrats

Quote Originally Posted by Hdjoe View Post
    Very nice! Congrats
    Thanks!

Awesome job! Its a proud moment to fire your first saber. Its also a rabbit hole moment, because you start seeing other things you want to do with it, or new ideas, or.........then you're in a huge mess. Welcome to the insane asylum!

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Tilmon View Post
    Awesome job! Its a proud moment to fire your first saber. Its also a rabbit hole moment, because you start seeing other things you want to do with it, or new ideas, or.........then you're in a huge mess. Welcome to the insane asylum!

Tom
    Thank you so much! And yes, I'm already itching to build another one!

That's a nice looking saber! It's a great feeling when you hear that first boot up sound. Well done.

Congrats. Nice work.

I like the design and slight weathering =] Blade color is cool too. I need to do my own simple build again x.x
    Light or dark. the path doesn't matter. What matters is how you act once you have chosen a path

DV6 Saber Hilt

Show off yer hilt more mate!

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."