Thread: Removing pre wired harness

Default Removing pre wired harness

I have a pre wired NB v4 that I am considering removing the harness from for a new build I'm working on. Has anyone had experience doing this or something similar? I'm thinking just the basic desoldering techniques using a solder sucker/pump to clean off the connections and the harness will pull out the other side. Or is the solder set to firm in the holes to get the connections to come clean and loose.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated. Or should I just leave it alone if it ain't broke?

Should be pretty much just what you said. Remove as much solder as you can and slowly pull the connector out. ease will depend on how much solder you can remove of course.

The pins will pull easily from the plastic retainer, especially at the time of desoldering. Just pull the pins with pliers one at a time. Trying to desolder and remove 7 pins at the same time is just maddening.

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    The pins will pull easily from the plastic retainer, especially at the time of desoldering. Just pull the pins with pliers one at a time. Trying to desolder and remove 7 pins at the same time is just maddening.
    Don't think I understand. Pull them first individually with pliers instead of desoldering? or desolder and pull one at a time?

Quote Originally Posted by Solocraft View Post
    Don't think I understand. Pull them first individually with pliers instead of desoldering? or desolder and pull one at a time?
    Pull while desoldering. Youll of course have to have the board secured.

Quote Originally Posted by PCModulus View Post
    Pull while desoldering. Youll of course have to have the board secured.
    got it, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Solocraft View Post
    got it, thank you!
    Also, dont just pull, twist and pull, will give you better control.