Thread: Saber III - White and Gold

Default Saber III - White and Gold

Hello folks,

Today the parts for my third saber arrived! (there was much rejoicing)

Due to a recent move my shop is pretty much completely packed up. So this saber unlike my first two is straight up MHS. The only things structual I will be doing is drilling and taping holes for blade retention and covertec like attachment.

I also went ahead and ordered this saber with powder coating. My original plan included trim rings as well. After getting them in I am just not satisfied that they work with this saber so I am skipping them. The powder coating itself is flawless and I couldn't be happier. The translucent gold really looks shiny.

So without further interruption here are the pics.

9QthhwF.jpg

1unuJbV.jpg

8EGFDYS.jpg

BKeteJb.jpg

Right now it is just an empty hilt of course. Next up will be the electronics and drilling and tapping holes. This is going to be my first neopixel blade so that will add a fun dimension to the process as well.

Blog Entries

Different. Looks cool!
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by minorhero View Post
    Hello folks,

Today the parts for my third saber arrived! (there was much rejoicing)

Due to a recent move my shop is pretty much completely packed up. So this saber unlike my first two is straight up MHS. The only things structual I will be doing is drilling and taping holes for blade retention and covertec like attachment.

I also went ahead and ordered this saber with powder coating. My original plan included trim rings as well. After getting them in I am just not satisfied that they work with this saber so I am skipping them. The powder coating itself is flawless and I couldn't be happier. The translucent gold really looks shiny.

So without further interruption here are the pics.

9QthhwF.jpg

1unuJbV.jpg

8EGFDYS.jpg

BKeteJb.jpg

Right now it is just an empty hilt of course. Next up will be the electronics and drilling and tapping holes. This is going to be my first neopixel blade so that will add a fun dimension to the process as well.
    Very unique! I like it a lot. Very nice design.

Tom

"Mistakes are our greatest teacher."

Very cool and different. Reminds me of the RQM stormtrooper saber.