Thread: MHS Heat Sink V3 - Lipless Version?

Default MHS Heat Sink V3 - Lipless Version?

Hey Gang! I bought a MHS V3 Heat Sink last year, but the way I've designed my chassis I now need to lose the lip on the aluminum housing so that the 'module' can slide out of the backside of the hilt without having to remove the blade holder section.

I know there's an "Old Style Heat Sink" but it doesn't appear to be threaded to hold the V3's copper heat sink.

Is there a lipless version of the V3 aluminum housing? Or do I have to spend several hours with the one I have and a file and whittle it down flush with the sides?

Hey RF, I don't think there is a threaded, lipless one. I've done the same thing but using a lathe. You don't need to remove the whole lip, the clearance is only approx 2mm. Filing shouldn't take long at all.

The sinktube blade holders have lipless versions. I didn't look close enough to see if there is a 1.25" version.

Thanks Guys! I appreciate the suggestions! That sinktube blade holder would be great, but I'd still have to shave it down to fit into the MHS Blade Holder I have.

I'll have to see if the antique lathe at my work still functions. It might chuck up a part, but it looks like it's missing parts. If not I suppose I'll have to file off the lip and try to sand it flush with the sides.

Thanks again to you both.